Grilled Ginger Soy Halibut
Sher, thank you so much for sharing your recipe, and thank you for permission to re-post.
1 lbhalibut steaks (may use cod, sea bass or other firm white fish
2 Tbsphoney or brown sugar
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 tspdijon style mustard
1/4 tspminced fresh ginger
1/2 tspfresh chopped chervil or other herb of your choice
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Grilled Ginger Soy Halibut
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the halibut. Over medium heat, mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Put Halibut in a non metalic pan or ziplock bag, pour marinade over fish. Marinate in fridge for about 30 mins.
I make a double batch of marinade and seperate, one batch for marinating and one batch for basting.
- Oil grill grate and preheat grill. Place halibut steaks on grill and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, basting with marinade while fish is cooking.
- Grill until done, halibut should be opaque through to the middle and flake easily with a fork.
Discard extra marinade that has had contact with the raw fish.
- Notes: Instead of mincing the garlic and ginger, I like to grate it. Seems the grating brings more flavor.
I never add the salt
I have never added the herbs
I have made this with the honey or the brown sugar, very little taste difference. Actually, I used Splenda brown sugar.
I have used the grill, oven broiler and grill pan on top of the stove to cook the fish for this recipe. They all work fine.