Ginger Orange Tilapia
1 corange juice
1 tspgrated orange peel
1 tspminced garlic
1 tspgrated fresh ginger
4 Tbspvegetable oil, divided
3 Tbspflour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
·thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
How to Make Ginger Orange Tilapia
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, peel, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place tilapia in a shallow dish. Cover with marinade and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Do not over-marinate or fish will begin to "cook" and get mushy.
- Remove fillets from marinade (reserve marinade) and dredge in flour mixture to coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia and cook unti lightly golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining marinade to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Reduce heat amd simmer until it is a glaze consistency, 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over fillets and garnish with green onions.