FRIED FISH (Bonnie's for sole, catfish or talapia)
This humble recipe is my own and so is the photo.
- note: you can use this recipe for catfish, sole or talapia!
- 4 to 6
- fish filets, rinsed and blotted with paper towels.
- enough corn oil to fry the fish--don't substitute the oil!
- cup white cornmeal
- tablespoon black pepper
- i have a fresh tartar sauce recipe posted on this site!
How to Make FRIED FISH (Bonnie's for sole, catfish or talapia)
- 1I use an electric skillet, but you can use a non-stick skillet. Pour in about 1/4 inch corn oil in the skillet over medium heat, or if using an electric skillet set it at 350 degrees, add a few drops of water and wait for it to sizzle and pop. When it starts to popping, it is hot enough to add the breaded fish.
- 2Combine the 1 cup of cornmeal and the 1 tablespoon of black pepper in a shallow pie plate. Dredge the prepared filets in the mixture on both sides of the fish and carefully put into the hot corn oil.
- 3Fry until nice and golden brown on both sides. Remove to a platter, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
- 4Cook's tip: I like to buy frozen filets for convenience, but fresh catfish, sole or talapia filets will work, too. I serve this with my Best Oven Baked Fries and Potato Wedges, and my Simple Romaine and Lettuce Salad, also on this site. Enjoy!