Fish Tacos in Puff Pastry
This look so tempting -I knew it would tempt you too!
- 1 medium
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- tilapia or other firm white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- all purpose flour, for work surface
- 17.3 oz
- package of pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, thawed
- sour cream, salsa, guacamole, shredded cabbage and/or chopped onion
How to Make Fish Tacos in Puff Pastry
- 1Heat oven to 400^. Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lime. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Stir in the lime juice, lime zest. cilantro, garlic and oil in a medium bowl. Add the fish and toss to coat. season with the salt and pepper.
- 2Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the flour. Roll into a 12 inch square. Cut into four-6 inch squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- 3Divide the fish mixture among the bottom halves of the pastry squares. Brush the sides edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry down over the filling and press the sides to seal, leaving the bottom unsealed. Place the pastries onto 2 baking sheets.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown and the fish mixture is cooked through. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes. Top with the assorted toppings you desire. Enjoy these delicate morsels.