Photo and recipe are my own.
- ~~fish sandwiches~~
- sandwich buns.
- cod fish boneless filets
- tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- cup white corn meal
- tablespoon black pepper
- recipe of my oven baked fries
- small peeled russet potatoes cut into thick slices like my photo.
- recipe of my tartar sauce posted.
How to Make FISH SANDWICHES
- 1MAKE THE TARTAR SAUCE AHEAD. Make one recipe of my Tartar Sauce so it has time to blend the flavors, 1/2 to 1 hour.
- 2PREPARE THE POTATOES. Cut into thick slices like the photo, about as thick as a french fry. Follow the recipe, place the potatoes on parchment paper and bake 35 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- 3PREPARE THE FISH. Blot the fish dry, dredge fish in the white cornmeal and black pepper, and drop into a nonstick frying pan with the oil that has been heated to medium high. Brown the fish to a nice golden brown on both sides. Do not salt. Keep warm.
- 4MAKE THE SANDWICHES. Your chips should be done by the time the fish is browned. To make the sandwiches, split the buns, place a filet on the bun and spoon the fresh tartar sauce on top. Add the potatoes, and dinner is ready! Enjoy!