★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6-6oz. salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted (dark) sesme oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. onion powder
How to Make Fire Cracker Grilled Salmon
- 1Marinade: combine all ingredients except salmon. and whisk well to combine. Remove 1/4 cup of this marinade to be used later for basting.
Place salmon in a zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat grill to high. (400F).
Remove salmon from marinade and let set for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Grill salmon without the lid until the fillets are opaque. 5-6 minutes depending on thickness.
Turn the fillets a few times and baste with the reserved 1/4 cup of the marinade.
Remove and discard shin.
I buy skinless fillets at Sam's club. So no skin to remove. :-)