- 1 1/2 lb
- large shrimp-peeled and deveined
- ripe plum tomatoes or one large can diced tomatoes drained well
- 2 clove
- garlic -minced
- 1 pinch
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small
- habanero pepper-if too spicy-use a different type of pepper
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or white wine
- freshly torn basil leaves
How to Make Fiery Shrimp and Tomatoes
- 1In a large saute pan, heat olive oil
Add in minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is just golden and add in sliced habanero-if too spicy, leave whole and remove after cooked into tomatoes.
Salt & pepper the Shrimp. Add shrimp and saute until almost done. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- 2Add chopped tomatoes or drained diced tomatoes to pan along with wine or chicken stock and simmer 15 minutes.
Add torn basil at the last minute
- 3Serve over pasta, rice, polenta, grits etc....