Feta crusted tilapia
- large tilapia filets
- 3/4 c
- panko or (corn flakes for gluten free)
- 1/3 c
- herbed feta (like the kind by athenos)
- small shallot minced
- clove of garlic minced (optional depending on the flavor of the cheese)
- 2 tblsp
- melted butter (i use brummel & brown to cut fat and cals.)
How to Make Feta crusted tilapia
- 1In a small bowl combine panko, butter, garlic, shallots and feta. Mash with a fork to make a consistency similar to a crumbly paste.
- 2Sprinkle salt, pepper and dill on both sides of uncooked tilapia. Spoon the panko mixture on top of the tilapia and press it down flat to cover most (if not all) of one side of the fish.
- 3Lay topped filets on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 12-15 mins. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.