- apples, granny smith peeled cord and cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 stick
- real butter
- 1 c
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large
- catfish filets abought 6oz each
- 2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned for dredging
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 3 Tbsp
- oil for cooking fish.will not take much
How to Make Extra-Crisp Catfish Fillets,w/Apples.
- 1In a seasoned cast iron skellet,melt 3 tablespoons butter on med heat.Add apples,rase the heat to med-high.cook tossing and stirring untill nicely brown. abought 7 min. keep warm in an oven at 200F while cooking the fish.
- 2pre-heat a large cast iron skillet,(I only use cast iron when frying fish,but you can use any non stick skillet)over med-high heat. season flour with salt and pepper. beat eggs in a bakeing dish. add a little oil and 3 tablespoons of butter to skillet. dredge fish filets in flour,then egg,then bread crumbs.
- 3place each fillets in the skillet. cook till brown on boath sides. ( abought 6-7 min per side.)
remove fish to a platter. drizzle with apples,lemon juice,and brandy. serve right away