ELLEN'S CRISPY FLOUNDER FILLETS
- 3/4 c
- cornflake crumbs
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, plus additional pinch
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, plus additional pinch
- 1/8 tsp
- ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- egg whites
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- flounder fillets (1 pound total)
How to Make ELLEN'S CRISPY FLOUNDER FILLETS
- 1Combine crumbs, oregano, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and red pepper in a shallow dish,. Place flour in another shallow dish.
- 2Beat egg whites in a medium-size bowl until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold in mustard.
- 3Season fish fillets with a pinch each salt and black pepper. Dip fillets into flour to coat both sides, shaking off any excess flour. Spread egg mixture on both sides of floured fish; dip into crumbs, coating well.
- 4Place fish on a baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 450º oven for 8 minutes or until fish is crisp and cooked through.