Easy Tuna Spread
If you are looking for an easy tuna sandwich fller, this a great alternative to the traditional and often high-fat version!
Hubby and I enjoy this method.
- 1 c
- fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped, fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp. dried.
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- reduced fat sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- (9 ounce) or 2 cans (5 oz each) albacore tuna in water, drained
How to Make Easy Tuna Spread
- 1Line a 2-cup metal bowl or mold with plastic wrap.
- 2Place all ingredients in blender or food processor; cover and blend on high speed until smooth. Spread mixture in bowl.
- 3Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Carefully unmold onto serving plate.
- 4Serve with Jicama sticks, cucumber slices and low-sodium crackers that make great companions to this tasty spread. When alone, I just make a sandwich using pumpernickle bread. Yummy!