Down South Delisious Salmon Patties
- 3 can(s)
- onion, cut in bite size pieces.
- canola or peanut oil
- raw eggs.
- 2 1/2 c
- crushed corn chex cereal.
- handful flour in salmon mixture.
- 1 1/4 c
- corn meal. in salmon mixture.
- italian bread crumbs
- 1 can(s)
- cream celery soup, undulted.
- 1-2 dash(es)
- lemon pepper powder
- 2 c
- flour in small bowl for dusting.
How to Make Down South Delisious Salmon Patties
- 1Open cans of Salmon, reserve liquid if you have cats.
In bowl, pour in Salmon. I take piece by piece and rub off the grey skaley film, and dark meat plus as I break open the pieces I take out the boney back bones. I add this to the cats bowl of liquid, or an empty can. Do this to all 3 cans of Salmon.
- 2In the large bol, goes the good part of the meat. I then break the 4 eggs and it goes in the bowl, followed by the cereal, flour, corn meal, bread crumbs,lemmon pepper, and last the onion & can of soup.
- 3remove your rings and mix all ingredients with your hands, until mixed good, together.
- 4Have skillet with enough oil to cover the bottam heated over lowto medium heat.
- 5Take up enough dough in hand and knead it, rolling it around to form a ball. With hands, flatten into a patty.
- 6Lay patty into skillet, the first into the middle and repeat till all patties are made, I usually have room for 2 patties in the center and others laid around the center ones.
- 7I don't like hard crispy patties, so I let first patties cook about 8 minutes, then lift with spatula to see if they are light brown, then turn over to other side. Let them cook about 6 to 8 minutes, then lift out onto paper towel lined plate or storage container.
- 8Repeat cooking method, until all the patties have been cooked. The paper towel soaks up the oil and is healthier for you by doind this.
Make a meal or have them for sandiches, they are delisious both ways. My hubby likes the left overs for sandwhiches the following day, too.
I usally make home-made mac 'n cheese and skillet baked beans to serve with mine, but any combination will do.~