★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/2 Tbsp
- peanut oil ( you can substitute any oil for this)
- celery stalk diced
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- 1 c
- leftover cooked rice
- 2-3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- chinese five spice powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes ( more or less to taste)
- leftover cooked shrimp, remove tails
How to Make Day After Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1Heat a non stick stir fry pan or large saute pan to medium to high heat on stovetop. Add oil.
- 2Add celery. Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Then add onions and again stir for 2-3 minutes. Onions should be just starting to soften.
- 3Add rice, soy sauce, 5 spice powder and red pepper flakes, turn down temp to low-medium and continue to stir to heat thoroughly about 5 minutes. If rice is dry add a tablespoon of water but no more
- 4Add Shrimp and stir for 1 minute. Be sure the shrimp is thoroughly covered with all ingredients. Cover pan and turn off heat. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Do not cook shrimp again as they will become rubbery.
- 5Serve on two small plates for you and a friend who is also watching her weight. Cut up an apple in slices to garnish on the side. Serve with a wine spritzer and you have a rather tasty elegant lunch. Not counting the spritzer, its about 250 calories a serving.