Crunchy French Fried Onion Fish Filets
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The French fried onion in the crust on this fish give it a very nice flavor - you get a flavor of onion but it isn't overwhelming. I also like the crunchiness that the onions and panko gave the fish. This is a delicious and quick dish to serve to your fish loving family and friends. The Test Kitchen
1-2 lbwhite perch fillets or desired fish
1 ccrunchy french fried onions
2eggs, slightly beaten
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspsea salt
How to Make Crunchy French Fried Onion Fish Filets
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray. Brush pan with olive oil.
- Place French fried onions in a food processor. Grind until fine.
- In large mixing bowl combine the French fried onions, and panko bread crumbs together.
- Place buttermilk in shallow dish
- Place egg in shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets in egg, then in buttermilk, and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place fish fillets in pan. sprinkle with salt and pepper. bake at 325 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.