Cream Tuna on Toast
It is easy to make and fills that spot when you want something hot for lunch or supper, but don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It is our "go" to meal.
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 c
- 1 can(s)
- tuna fish in oil (small to medium size)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper
- 8 slice
- bread, toasted
How to Make Cream Tuna on Toast
- 1In a medium sauces pan, melt butter. Slowly stir in flour to a paste consistency.
- 2Gradually add milk, stirring constantly over a low heat. Make sure the mixture blends well to prevent lumps. Stir until desired amount of milk is added, 3 to 4 cups.
- 3When white sauce is ready, stir in salt, pepper and can of tuna (with juice).
- 4Bring to a slow boil and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- 5Serve over toasted bread