Crab Meat Au Gratin
1/2 ccelery, finely chopped
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1/2 cunbleached white flour
1 can(s)evaporated milk (13 oz.)
1 lbwhite crab meat
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspred pepper
1/2 lbamerican cheese, grated
How to Make Crab Meat Au Gratin
- Saute’ celery and onions in butter until tender.
- Slowly blend in flour and mix well
- Pour in milk slowly, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Add egg yolks, salt, black and red pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Rinse crab meat and put into a mixing bowl. pour the cooked sauce over the crab meat. Blend ingredients well and pour into a greased casserole dish or individual oven proof dishes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until light brown.