1/2 lbcod filet, chopped (about 2 cups)
1 mediumavocado, chopped
2roma tomatoes, chopped
3 Tbspred onion, diced
3 Tbspfresh cilantro, chopped
dash(es)salt and pepper
How to Make Cod ceviche
- Cut the fish into small chunks. Add to a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add the lemon and lime juice. Make sure the fish is fully emerged in juice.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, may need longer.
Marinading the fish in citrus cooks the fish.
- Check fish by breaking a chunk apart. If it's done, it will easily flake apart, as if it were cooked. If it's not, keep marinading longer until it's done.
- Once "cooked", strain the fish from the juice. Add back to a new bowl.
- Juice the remaining 2 limes over the top or the fish.
Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Gently toss to combine.
- Add the tomato, avocado, red onion and cilantro. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve with your choice or cracker or chips, or use a fork. It's up to you.