Coconut and Lemon Grass Spiced Prawns
1 kgfresh tiger prawns
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin,plus a little extra if needed
1 Tbspstalk of lemon grass,finely chopped
1 Tbsp(15 ml) fresh ginger,chopped
3 clovegarlic crushed
1/4 c(65 ml) desiccated coconut
How to Make Coconut and Lemon Grass Spiced Prawns
- heat oil in the wok,add the lemon grass,red pepper,ginger,garlic and red chilies,allow to sweat gently to allow the fragrant flavors to develop.
- dry roast the desiccated coconut in a fry pan until slightly browned and remove.
- add the prawns and cherry tomatoes to wok and stir fry,add a little olive oil if needed and toss prawns until they turn pink and are cooked through.
- return the dry roasted desiccated coconut to the wok and stir.
- serve with a side of basmathi rice.