Coconut and Lemon Grass Spiced Prawns
- 1 kg
- fresh tiger prawns
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin,plus a little extra if needed
- 1 Tbsp
- stalk of lemon grass,finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- (15 ml) fresh ginger,chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic crushed
- red pepper,sliced
- red chilies,chopped
- 1/4 c
- (65 ml) desiccated coconut
- cherry tomatoes
How to Make Coconut and Lemon Grass Spiced Prawns
- 1heat oil in the wok,add the lemon grass,red pepper,ginger,garlic and red chilies,allow to sweat gently to allow the fragrant flavors to develop.
- 2dry roast the desiccated coconut in a fry pan until slightly browned and remove.
- 3add the prawns and cherry tomatoes to wok and stir fry,add a little olive oil if needed and toss prawns until they turn pink and are cooked through.
- 4return the dry roasted desiccated coconut to the wok and stir.
- 5serve with a side of basmathi rice.