Chinese Shrimp Fried rice By freda
Its made every month in my Home.
U can Make with any cooked shrimp from the meat mkt or frozen med shrimp also.
- 1 sm
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 -1/2 C
- 3 cups
- cooked rice ( must be cold) or leftover cold rice
- eggs beaten,
- soy sauce ( to taste)
- 1 cup
- tiny frozen peas ( do not thaw)
- 1 sm
- (7 3/4oz) can tiny salad shrimp, or the fresh frozen ( 1 cup)
- 4 oz
- can water chestnuts (drained and chopped)
- (optional) garnish with chopped green onions if desired.
CHINESE SHRIMP FRIED RICE BY FREDA
RECIPE CAN EASILY BE DOUBLED, TRIPPLED, OR JUST CUT DOWN FOR ANY GROUP.
How to Make Chinese Shrimp Fried rice By freda
- 1You MUST Have all ingredients ready before You begin, as this is a very fast cooking dish.
Heat oil in pan or wok, over Med-high Heat.
2nd; Add Onions, saute only a minute, not til tender.
3rd; Add "Cold" rice crumbled .(Must be COLD that is the Secret to great Fried rice)
Stir fry and toss well to coat in the oil.
DO NOT LET it Brown.
- 2now, Make a well or Path in the rice pan,
Add the beaten eggs, toss well to scramble the egg,
then Tossing this egg in with the rice mixture
- 3Sprinkle SOY SAUCE over your rice as desired
Toss rice well to coat.little at a time to your taste preference.
Add: frozen peas, Toss well
Add: Water Chestnuts, and baby shrimp, Toss well.
Remove from heat and serve,
topped with chopped green onions, (Optional.)
"Med Cooked shrimp" ( purchased in bags frozen @ Walmart) can be used in place of the baby shrimp as I have done in the photo.