Serve on Tostadas or in lettuce leaves, or just in a bowl. I serve with sliced Avocado, a roasted corn and peppers...
Also, you can use other types of sea food.....Shrimp, Red Snapper, Sea Bass or Halibut.
After years of eating different ceviche's....this is what I came up with. I hope you like it. The grapefruit and blood orange juices add such a nice bite to the recipe.
- tilapia fillets, chopped
- oranges, juiced
- lemons, juiced
- limes, juiced
- grapefruit, juiced
- blood orange, juiced (or, blood orange juice from refrigerated juice section)
- 1/4 c
- cilantro, fresh minced (or use mix of cilantro and mint or parsley and mint)
- each....red, green and yellow peppers
- shallots, minced
- serrano chiles, chopped (membranes and seeds removed)
- habanero pepper, fresh (membranes and seeds removed)
How to Make Ceviche
- 1Place chopped fillets in 9x13 glass pan.
- 2Juice oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit and blood orange in bowl. Stir. Add Cilantro to bowl.
- 3Chop red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper...mix in with fish.
Finely chop Serrano and Habanero and mix in with fish
- 4Pour juice over peppers, fish and shallots....
Let marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours.