Cedar Plank Smoked Wild Salmon
I love Pinot Noir or Cotes du Rhone with Salmon. They're not overpowering and both pair well. Try Meiomi, Belle Glos, Longboard, David Bruce or a Pinot of your choice. Cheers...
How to Make Cedar Plank Smoked Wild Salmon
- Apply a light coat of EVOO over the Salmon
- Apply the dry rub to the fish, a light coat will be plenty. I had some left over for another grilling or two.
- I like to let the fish sit @ room temp for about 45 minutes to one hour before grilling. This is ample time for the dry rub to get into the fish.
- In regards to the Cedar Plank, I soak it all day in the sink. Keep it totally submerged in water, the longer the better.
- Preheat the grill to 400 - 450. Place the Salmon on the Cedar Plank and put it on the grill.
- Cook the Salmon to an internal temp of 130 degrees in the thickest part. This will produce a very moist Salmon. The fish should reach that temp in 25 - 35 minutes based on your grill heat. Don't over cook your fish. Cheers...