How to Make BUNDIGA
- 1Grate green bananas; season w/light salt & pepper; form in fluffed patties (palm size) and set aside. Season fish slightly and set aside
- 2Grate coconuts; add 2 cups water w/2 cups fish or shrimp stock or 4 cups water only. Squeeze and put coconut milk in heavy pot.
- 3Place pot on lighted stove and add the salt & pepper and garlic (chopped). Constant stirring is important otherwise the coconut milk will curdle and separate.
- 4After 15-20 minutes of stirring, add lightly seasoned fish chunks; okra (optional) and grated bananas formed in fluff patty style (coconut milk should be boiling at this point)
- 5Let cook for another 10 minutes while constantly scooping gravy over fish and banana patties until patties are somewhat firm.