** Broiled Tuna Bites
Substitute the muffins halves with whole grain/wheat crackers.
If you like relish in your salad mix and are making the bites, I like to use thin pickle slices versus adding the relish to the salad mix.
Next time I make these, I will make sure to post some pictures.
- 1 can(s)
- (61/2-oz) tuna, drained
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 tsp
- dried dill weed
- whole grain english muffins, split, toasted
- tomato slices
- 4 slice
- cheddar cheese
- green leaf lettuce leaves
- sweet or dill relish (optional)
How to Make Broiled Tunawiches
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonaise, cucumber, and dill; mix well.
- 3Arrange muffin halves on a baking sheet. Place one leaf of lettuce on each half. Spread each muffin half with 1/4 of the mixture; top with tomato slice.
- 4Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tomato is hot.
- 5Top each with cheese slice. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.