Blackened Shrimp & Beans over Whipped Cauliflower
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- blackening seasoning (depends on your heat tolerance or kids at the table)
- 2 can(s)
- black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 6 oz
- baby spinach
- 4 Tbsp
- large cauliflower, roughly chopped into large florets and stems
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Blackened Shrimp & Beans over Whipped Cauliflower
- 1Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan. Add shrimp and half seasoning to the pan and sauté for about 3 minutes, turning often.
- 2Turn heat to low. Add beans, spinach, margarine and remaining seasoning. Cover and let cook for about 8 minutes mixing halfway. Once spinach is wilted and beans are warm it is done.
- 3In a medium saucepan, steam cauliflower in chicken broth over high for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a blender. Add cream cheese and garlic powder. Blend well for about 2 minutes.
- 4Serve shrimp and beans over creamy blended cauliflower.