Bay Scallops Gratin
I didn't have some of the items she called for, so I used what I had.
Also wondered about the gratin dishes because of all the discussions about pyrex dishes, was wondering about any glass dish at the high temp, so I made my own out of foil.
2 lbbay scallops
2 Tbspminced garlic from a jar
1 mediumshallot, minced
2 slicebacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 tspdried parsley
1 tspeach salt and pepper, or to taste
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspgrated parmesean cheese
1/2 cbread crumbs, panko would be the best
6 Tbspwhite wine
How to Make Bay Scallops Gratin
- Let the butter come to rooom temp. With an electric mixer combine the butter, garlic. shallot, bacon, parsley, lemon juice salt and pepper.
- With the mixer running, add the olive oil. Stir in the bread crumbs.
- Dry scallops with paper towels.
- Put 1 tablespoon wine in each gratin dish. divide the scallops between dishes, Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake in a pre heated 425° oven for 12 to 15 min.