- talapia, fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 c
- bread crumbs, whole wheat (or your favorite bread crumb)
- 4 Tbsp
- peanuts, chopped (or your favorite nut)
- cooking olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste (optional)
- red pepper, few pinches (optional)
- 2 c
- fresh tomato salsa (recipe follows)(optional)
How to Make Banana Fish
- 1Heat oven to 375 and season fish on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika and red pepper.
- 2in a 9x13 baking pan line with aluminum foil and spray with Olive oil. Spread 1/2 of bread crumbs on the bottom of the dish and arrange fish on top of bread crumbs.
- 3Slice banana to cover each fillet with a thin layer of banana. use remaining breadcrumbs to cover bananas. sprinkle nuts on top of that, spray a little more olive oil on top so the breadcrumbs brown slightly. Bake in oven until thickest part of fish is opaque, about 20 minutes.
- 4Serve with salsa on the top or the side. I usually serve a nice green salad or green beans on the side.
- 5To Make salsa: finely dice 1c tomato, 1/2c red onion, 1/4c green pepper, 1/2c mango, 1/2 to 1 finely diced jalapeno, 1tsp calentio, 1/4c lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.