BAKED, STUFFED WILD SALMON FILETS
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- medium sized, fresh or frozen shrimp chopped small, (tails removed)
- 1 pkg
- 300 grams, frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1/4 c
- feta cheese, (chopped small)
- 1/8 c
- “zatarain’s fish-fry” (if you do not have zatarain’s, use any finely ground white corn meal or corn meal flour… martha white, for instance.)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped, fresh italian parsley
- wild salmon filets, skin on, (about 15 inches in length)
- old bay seasoning, for rubbing the salmon flesh
- 1 large
- whole lemon, cut into at least 8 slices
- 2 Tbsp
- salt-free butter or margarine, at room temperature for easy spreading
- foil wrap for baking prepared salmon
- olive oil, extra virgin, for drizzling
How to Make BAKED, STUFFED WILD SALMON FILETS
- 1PREPARE THE STUFFING
in a bowl, mix well first 6 ingredients. set aside and continue with the other preparation. Set aside for later use.
- 2METHOD FOR PREPARING THE SALMON
Tear off 2 sheets of foil, long enough to fold over the salmon at each end, and prepare as follows….
- 3Rub two, salmon filets lightly with salmon rub, or old bay seasoning (flesh sides only).
- 4Slather one side of each length of foil, with salt free butter or margarine.
- 5Lay half the lemon slices on the bottom length of foil.
- 6Place one filet, skin-side down, lengthwise, on one piece of lemon-buttered foil.
- 7Spread all the stuffing, and pack down along the entire length of fish.
- 8Place the second filet, skin side up onto the first filet and stuffing. Press down tightly.
- 9Butter the upper skin with butter or margarine.
- 10Press the edges of the salmon together, lightly to seal… add the remaining lemon slices to the top filet.
- 11Cover the fish tightly, with the second piece of foil; bring the sides and ends of the foil up and over as far as it will go.
- 12Make a slit 1/2 way along in the pouch. Drizzle olive oil into the pouch. Be generous.
- 13Set on an oven-proof baking (grilling) pan. Cook in your outdoor grill, or oven for 3/4 of an hour, or until done….
- 14TO SERVE:
Slice the fish, across the body, one slice at a time, with a very sharp knife.
- 15Peel the top skin from the first slice. It will remove very easily.
Do not use a serrated blade.
With a spatula, lift the slice by inserting spatula between flesh and
bottom skin; lift and place on individual plates.
You should have a top and bottom slice of filet complete with beautiful stuffing.
- 16Continue with the rest of the salmon, one slice at a time.
Serve with your favourite sides. (eg. Rice, Orzo, roasted mixed root
vegetables, fingerling potatoes and pearl onions, etc.