Baked Potato with Tuna Mayo
2 mediumidaho potatoes, baked, air fried, instant pot or microwaved
5 ozchunk light tuna, in water (one small can), do not drain
2 Tbspmayonaise, regular, light, or olive oil blend
2 Tbspinstant mashed potato flakes
1 pinchblack pepper, ground, optional
How to Make Baked Potato with Tuna Mayo
- Cut the cooked, hot potato part way thru from end to end.
- Hold the potato with a kitchen towel and gently squish it end to end to "open" the cut. Set aside.
- Open the can of Tuna and empty the contents into a bowl. A small bowl like a cereal bowl is fine. I prefer to keep the liquid because of reserving any nutrition that may have cooked out of the fish in the canning process.
- Add the Mayonnaise and stir. This will be very runny.
- Add the Potato Flakes and stir. This will thicken the mixture and not affect the taste of the end product. You can also use the powdered/shaker Parmesan cheese and/or Ranch dressing mix added to (or instead of) the Potato Flakes to add variety.
- Add the black pepper. Stir in. I use fresh cracked but you can use any kind, Red, white, powdered. You can also add Paprika (sweet or smoked). I love variety.
- Diced Pickle can also be added as well as cheeses, herbs or mustard and creamy salad dressings. It is so fun to play with the flavor of the tuna mayo.