Baked Halibut Steaks
recipe/photo from AllRecipes
·1 teaspoon olive oil
·1 cup diced zucchini
·1/2 cup minced onion
·1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
·2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
·2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
·1/4 teaspoon salt
·1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
·4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
·1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Baked Halibut Steaks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- **** Can add a dash of lemon pepper or red pepper flakes to this recipe.