Baked Halibut Steaks
recipe/photo from AllRecipes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Baked Halibut Steaks
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- 2Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir in zucchini, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- 3Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with feta cheese.
- 4Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- 5**** Can add a dash of lemon pepper or red pepper flakes to this recipe.