Baked Fish, Leeks, & Red Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (some of it will be left in the pan at end)
- servings frozen fish
- 1 large
- leek, white and light green parts only
- 1 tsp
- herb mix, e.g. herbes de provence, fines herbes, italian herb mix, etc.
- 2 oz
- servings red potatoes or other waxy potato
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Baked Fish, Leeks, & Red Potatoes
- 1Melt the butter. Using a brush, paint the bottom of a 2" deep rectangular baking dish with a coating of butter. The rest of the butter will be used later.
- 2Using a cleaver or heavy knife, cut the frozen fish into large pieces. Scatter these around the baking dish.
- 3Remove the dark green end, root end, and outer layer of the leek. Thinly slice the white and light green parts of the leek into disks. Wash these thoroughly to remove any grit, using your fingers to separate the disks into rings. Spread the leeks on top of the fish.
- 4Sprinkle the herbs on top of the leeks. Fresh herbs may be used if on hand.
- 5Cut the pancetta into 1/4" dice. Scatter across the leeks.
- 6Thinly slice the potatoes and use them to cover the other ingredients by overlapping the slices.
- 7Paint the remaining butter on top of the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 9Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about an hour or until the potatoes are as done as you like.
- 10Serve with a slotted spatula to leave excess liquid in the pan.