Zesty Chicken Rigatoni
**you don't have to use chicken, you can make it meatless, or try shrimp!**
1 lbrigatoni or penne pasta (cooked to package directions)
2boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 Tbspolive oil
1-2 tspminced chipotle (directions to follow)
2-3 clovegarlic, minced
1 (8oz) stickcream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cmilk or half and half
1 cfrozen corn
2 medium(1 large) tomatoes, diced or
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cchopped bell pepper
2 Tbspminced fresh cilantro or italian parsley
How to Make Zesty Chicken Rigatoni
- *Minced Chipotle* cut in half 1 dried chipotle chili, soak in hot water 10-15 minutes, or half of 1 chili from 4-oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Mince or process in food processor.
- In large skillet heat olive oil and saute the chicken and chipotle until chicken is done. Toss in the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream cheese and the milk until it makes a smooth sauce. stirring constantly, bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the corn, tomatoes, peppers and herbs. toss over noodles and enjoy :)
- *note* If you like it more spicy feel free to play around with the amount of chipotle and bell pepper :)