Yam Chicken Carbonara
1 largered bell pepper
1 cwhip cream
2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 mediumred onion
A few dash(es)celery seed
A few dash(es)garlic powder
A few dash(es)black pepper
1 largeyam / sweet potato
1 pkgmozzarella shredded cheese
How to Make Yam Chicken Carbonara
- Cook up bacon until nice and crispy. Put aside a tablespoon of bacon grease (it will be added into alfredo sauce). At the same time, cook up chicken. Tear up bacon and chicken into bite size peices.
- Cut up yam into bite sized peices, and either boil or microwave them until they are tender. I used 1 yam, but in the future I might add another for extra carbs.
- Cut up bell pepper and onion into small peices.
- Make the alfredo sauce by melting and stirring butter, tablespoon of bacon grease, whip cream and grated cheese in a small pot. Add more or less cheese to taste. I literally added a whole block of reggiano for a very strong alfredo sauce. Add garlic powder, black pepper and celery seed to the sauce, again more or less to taste.
- Toss all the ingrediants into a bowl and mix with the sauce. Then spread it into a casserole dish and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the onions and bell pepper peices are a desired tenderness.
- When it's done, spread the top of the casserole with shredded mozzarella and cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and then serve. I also added a little bit of shredded cheddar, which gave it that orange/yellow tinge on top.