WINGS RESTAURANT STYLE And SAUCE
- 15 -20 chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- season salt for coating raw chicken and pepper
- do not salt, seasoning salt is enough
- 3 tbsp hot sauce 2tbsp butter
- #2 sauce, your choice bbq sauce. add tsp apple cider vinegar for tang. 2 tbsp butter
GO CRAZY, CREATE YOUR SAUCE.
How to Make WINGS RESTAURANT STYLE And SAUCE
- 1Pre cut wings are worth the money. If you cut them just discard the tip. Season well with season salt and pepper. The excess will cook off. Drain in Strainer until they are dry enough to fry.You could prepare the day before and just drain off excess water. If you put them into the 360-375 degree oil too wet, they will POP . I have a fryer that cooks 6 at the time. Your fryer may cook more and save time.
- 2Preheat grease to 350 (16) min 375( 10-12) min Add desired amount of chicken leaving room for cooking . When you think they are overdone the sauce will turn the chicken chewy. Very Good texture. An exact timing on when they are done would be too hard due to size of wings. If they are really large make sure they float and stop frying. Check and make sure there is not pink at the bone.
- 3While the wings are frying, prepare your sauce. Three tbsp hot sauce and 2 tbsp butter. Melt butter then add hot sauce. You could use buffalo sauce for hotter or any flavor barbque sauce. Just put it in a sauce pan and heat until it thins out and taste good. Butter is the key to sticky sauce.
- 4Drain wings after they look crispy and well done. Toss in sauce pan and remove so they will stay crispy. YUM!!!
- 5Health TIP :You can always use the oven. Spray a cookie sheet and spray the wings with nonstick spray. Cook for about 10 min @ 375 and drain off excess juice from chicken. This step will keep them dry and crispy. Cook another 10 until you see they are the texture you like. Make sure they are done to the bone. Check the drumstick because they are thicker. This is a really healthy way to cook. Do the sauce of your choice the same way. Just glaze sauce. You could also glaze and put back in oven to make them sticky and crunchy. So many ways to adjust this to your own recipe.