Wild Rice Slow Baked Casserole - Diabetic Friendly
This was done in the 2 1/2 hour mode. I had to see what it would turn out like.
1/3 ceach: wild rice, pearl barley and brown rice
2 Tbspicbinb light (stick)
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 lbsliced mushrooms
1 largesliced into 1/4" rings (i chopped mine)
3 c100% fat fee-33% less sodium swanson chicken broth
1 tspthyme, dried
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Wild Rice Slow Baked Casserole - Diabetic Friendly
- Wash wild rice in three changes of hot tap water.
- Combine drained wild rice with the barley and brown rice.
- In heavy 2-quart casserole, heat butter and add garlic; sauté for one minute.
- Add the grains and sauté for 2-3 minutes until shiny, stirring.
- Add mushrooms, onions, broth and thyme.
- Bake along with a meat or poultry, covered.
- At 300 degree, the casserole bakes for 2 1/2 hours. At 350 degrees it is done in one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 150