Wild Rice Slow Baked Casserole - Diabetic Friendly
This was done in the 2 1/2 hour mode. I had to see what it would turn out like.
- 1/3 c
- each: wild rice, pearl barley and brown rice
- 2 Tbsp
- icbinb light (stick)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 large
- sliced into 1/4" rings (i chopped mine)
- 3 c
- 100% fat fee-33% less sodium swanson chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Wild Rice Slow Baked Casserole - Diabetic Friendly
- 1Wash wild rice in three changes of hot tap water.
- 2Combine drained wild rice with the barley and brown rice.
- 3In heavy 2-quart casserole, heat butter and add garlic; sauté for one minute.
- 4Add the grains and sauté for 2-3 minutes until shiny, stirring.
- 5Add mushrooms, onions, broth and thyme.
- 6Bake along with a meat or poultry, covered.
- 7At 300 degree, the casserole bakes for 2 1/2 hours. At 350 degrees it is done in one hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Calories: 150