Whole chicken in the crock pot
16 lb perdue over stuffer, best with a pop up timer
2 Tbspseasoned salt
1 1/2 Tbspcajun seasoning
1 1/2 Tbsppaprika
1 1/2 Tbsponion powder
1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1 1/2 Tbspthyme
1/2 Tbspblack pepper
1 cchicken broth
How to Make Whole chicken in the crock pot
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices (don't add the chichken broth)
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken and spices in a large plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. (I only refrigerated it for an hour and it was still flavorful)
- Remove chicken from the bag and place in the crockpot
- Add chicken broth to the crockpot.
- Cook on low 4 hours turn to high for the last 2 hours. Every crock pot is different, if you are planning to put in the crock early before work to be done when you get home I would say 8 hours on low depending on the size of the chicken
- Remove from the crockpot and allow to rest, slice and serve pouring some of the gravy over it to keep it moist!!
- Afterwards, I placed the carcuss and all the remaining juices from the crockpot in a large pot boiled it to make a broth, although it is not your typical chicken broth it was very tasty the next day with some egg noodles, chicken and carrots