White Chicken Chili
1 pkgboneless chicken breast
1 can(s)chicken broth, large can or 2 small
1 pkgfrozen corn
3 cloveminced garlic
2 jar(s)salsa (your choice)
1-2 can(s)great northern beans
1 can(s)rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
1 lbwhite cheddar cheese, grated
1 lbpepper jack cheese, grated
How to Make White Chicken Chili
- Cook chicken & cut into small pieces.
- Chop green pepper & onion.
Saute with garlic until almost tender.
*I omitted the green pepper the first time as I didn't have any at the time. It was still delicious.
- Add chicken and some chili powder to green pepper, onion and garlic, stir 1-2 minutes.
*Chili powder to your personal tastes, I used about 1 tbsp, eyeballing it.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, adding some more chili powder.
*Same idea with chili powder again. I added about 1 tbsp again.
- Add salsa, great northern beans, rotel & corn, bring to a boil, adding chili powder to taste.
*I added about 3 tbsp. of chili powder in all, so 1 more here! If you prefer canned corn you can add 1-2 cans instead of frozen.
- Simmer 1/2 hour, then add shredded cheese, stirring slowly for even melting.
*I don't enjoy shredding cheese, so I buy the kind I like already shredded. I typically add a bag of Mexican blend and a bag of pepper jack blend.