Weight Watcher's Fried Chicken
Ruth Ann Vokac
If you need cooked chicken for Mexican food, add Taco seasoning and another 1/4 cup water to the other seasonings.
- chicken, cut in pieces, skinned removed (use a paper towel to grab the skin and pull.)
- 1/2 c
- water (or up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp
- better than bouillon, chicken flavor
- 1 tsp
- onion or vegetable bouillon
- 2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
How to Make Weight Watcher's Fried Chicken
- 1Put water into a skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add Better than Bouillon, Chicken flavoer and onion or vegetable bouillon. Turn heat on medium high.
- 2Add chicken, meat side down.
- 3Mix seasoned salt and poultry seasoning. Sprinkle half of it over chicken.
- 4Bring liquid to a boil. Cover pan. Turn heat to medium low. Cook undisturbed for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove lid. Turn chicken pieces. Sprinkle with remaining seasoned salt and poultry seasoning. Turn the heat to medium high, and cook chicken uncovered for about 15 more minutes, spooning liquid up over chicken. Most of the liquid will evaporate, leaving a glaze over the chicken.
- 6NOTE: The original recipe called for Fried Chicken Seasoning, not the seasoned salt and poultry seasoning. Because that became hard to find, I have substituted for it.
- 7NOTE: You can substitute any kind of chicken pieces. If you use boneless, cut original cooking time to 20 minutes and then cook uncovered to 165 degrees.