Anyway - thank goodness for Trader Joe's...This was SUPER easy, and Im sure the same method can be used with different sauces & veggies. All ingredients are from Trader Joes. :)
I was thinking the chicken dish would be good with spicy marinara sauce with onions, Kalamata olives, bell peppers (also frozen @ TJ's), and mushrooms - maybe served with brown rice & kale. :)
- boneless skinless chicken thighs, frozen (do not defrost!)
- onions, diced
- crimini mushrooms (or whatever), sliced
- kale, chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- alfredo sauce
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen creamy polenta with spinach & carrots (trader joe's)
How to Make Tonight's Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a 13x9 glass pan.
Put frozen chicken in pan in one layer, cover tightly with foil.
Bake for 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, make the sauce:
Sauté onions and crimini mushrooms in olive oil until golden & soft. Add a handful of kale. Cook until kale wilts. Add a jar of Alfredo sauce.
After 20 minute timer goes off, turn chicken over, and scoop sauce over each piece of chicken. Stir extra sauce in with juices. Return to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- 3While that's finishing off - heat the polenta. Trader Joes has polenta with spinach & carrots in the frozen selection. Place in serving bowl & cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 6 minutes.
That's it! The whole meal takes about 40 minutes to make - and no defrosting! :)