Anything with tomatoes is good, in my mind.
3 largeor 6 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (2 lbs.)
16 ozcanned tomato wedges*, reserving 1/4 cup liquid
·* or, other tomatoes, if wedges aren't available.
4 ozcanned sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tspdried oregano, crushed
1 tspseasoning salt
1 mediumonion, thinly sliced & separated into rings
2 Tbspsnipped fresh parsley or 2 tsps dried or 1/2 tsp ground
1/2 tspcelery seed
1 clovegarlic, minced
How to Make Tomato-Sauced Chicken
- Spray an 11-3/4 x 7-1/2 x 1-3/4 in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning salt and paprika. Place chicken in baking dish.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid. Arrange tomatoes, onion and drained mushrooms over chicken.
- Sprinkle parsley, oregano and celery seed over all.
- Mix reserved liquid, garlic and bay leaf. Pour over chicken; cover. Bake for 1 hour.
- Then, uncover, and bake 10 minutes more. Remove bay leaf. Spoons juices over meat.