Tex-Mex Salad: My Favorite Healthy Lunch
- 1/2 c
- chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 c
- cooked black beans (i drain canned beans and rinse them)
- 2 c
- chopped rommaine lettuce
- green onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- low-fat shredded mexican cheese
- 2 tsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- ranch dressing
TEX-MEX CHICKEN SALAD
How to Make Tex-Mex Salad: My Favorite Healthy Lunch
- 1I usually make this to take to work, so I put the lettuce in a to go container with the beans, chicken, cilantro, green onion, and cheese (in that order, lettuce on the bottom and cheese on top)
- 2In a small container I mix the ranch and taco seasoning. Sometimes I make a big bottle of this, since my daughter loves it. I use a yogurt ranch from the produce section on my grocery store, which is much lower in calories and fat compared to regular ranch.
- 3When it's lunch time, I put some of the dressing on my salad. I usually don't use it all.
- 4Sometimes I add uncooked, chopped tomatoes, sweet peppers, or leftover cooked corn to this salad. I also like to eat it with tortilla chips and guacamole on the side. Any way it is great!