Tender Chicken in Wine and Mushroom Sauce
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 5 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion, chopped into bite size pieces
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 4.5 ounce jar sliced mushroom, drained
- 10 3/4 ounce can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
How to Make Tender Chicken in Wine and Mushroom Sauce
- 1Place a 5 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the vegetable oil.
- 2While the oil is heating up in the Dutch oven, put the flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a large zip top bag. Put chicken in bag with flour. Close bag and "knead" chicken in bag until all pieces are coated with seasoned flour.
- 3Transfer chicken pieces from the plastic bag to the Dutch oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly to separate chicken pieces. Chicken should be slightly browned.
- 4Put chicken in a large bowl and cover. Set aside. In same Dutch oven, add the onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pot to dissolve the browned bits on the bottom.
- 5Add the mushrooms, golden mushroom soup and the wine. Mix until smooth. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Add the chicken and parsley flakes. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for and additional 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooks through.