TARRAGON CHICKEN AND EGG NOODLES
Recipe: Simple Weeknight Favorites (Taste of Home)
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, trimmed and sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- shallots, sliced thin
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 8 oz
- egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- minced fresh tarragon
How to Make TARRAGON CHICKEN AND EGG NOODLES
- 1Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- 2Add shallots to the empty skillet and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until pan is nearly dry, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add broth and noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender and liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in cream, tarragon, and chicken, along with any accumulated juices, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.