TANDOORI CHICKEN (SALLYE)
P.S. It tastes as good as it smells.
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 cplain low fat yogurt
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
1 Tbspminced fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbsplime juice
1-1/2 tspground coriander
1/2 tspground cumin
1/4 tspground cardomom
1/8 tspcayenne pepper
·lime slices (optional)
How to Make TANDOORI CHICKEN (SALLYE)
- Place yogurt, onion, ginger, garlic, lime juice, coriander, cumin, cardamom, turmeric and cayenne pepper in food processor.
Process for 30 seconds until mixture forms a smooth paste
- Place chicken breasts in 9" x 13" dish.
Spread yogurt mixture over chicken, then cover dish and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler and lightly grease the rack.
Place the chicken on the rack and broil 7" from the heat for 8 minutes or until browned; turn over and broil 5 minutes longer until brown
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
Transfer chicken to a greased 13" x 9" baking pan and cover with foil.
Bake in the oven about 10 minutes or until the juices from chicken run clear when pierced with fork or sharp knife
- Transfer to a warm platter and garnish, if desired, with lime slices.
Serve over wild rice bed with grilled (or broiled) vegetables such as egg plant, zucchini and asparagus.
BONUS: Chicken is only 210 calories per serving