Taco Style Chicken Nite - Crockpot
Having over the years tried numerous recipes in it. I can seriously tell you, it is NOT for stews, roasts and soups anymore!!
I love, love my rendition of "taco flavor" in this crockpot favorite!
This recipe uses chicken drumsticks and then at the end of cooking time, we broil them for a few minutes... (you know how silly chicken skin becomes in the crockpot)? Well, we will have NONE OF THAT!
We want the skin browned and crisp and full of flavor!! This recipe will give you all of that plus...
- 1 large
- pkg chicken legs (8-10)
- 1 pkg
- taco mix, or 1/4 cup of your homemade dried
- 1-2 medium
- 1 medium
- garlic cloves
- 16oz bottle of your favorite taco sauce
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- pinch of sugar
- few dashes of your favorite hot sauce
- green onions chopped fine *optional*
How to Make Taco Style Chicken Nite - Crockpot
- 4Cover with lid, and set your crockpot on low for 8-9 hrs.
Preheat oven to *broil*.
Take chicken legs *only* out of crockpot. Place on a baking sheet, and broil for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway till chicken *skin* is nicely browned!!