Sweet & Sour Chicken on a Budget by Freda
This goes from grill to table in less time than you can get take out. . . 30 min max.
- 8 pcs
- chicken, drumsticks or thighs, ( usually inexpensive and full of flavors)
- 1/2-1 C
- sweet & sour sauce, ( in your condiment isle of the grocer)
- 1/4 C
- 1 tsp
- fresh grated ginger, or, dried ginger spice
- garlic cloves chopped, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS
- soy sauce
- green onions chopped ( optional topping)
How to Make Sweet & Sour Chicken on a Budget by Freda
- 1Microwave, Chicken for 10-12 minutes,
or Bake in oven 20-25 min
Drain any fat.
(this helps to Be sure your Chicken is Cooked thru.)
- 2Simmer in a small pot, Sweet & sour Sauce, Water, Ginger, garlic, and soy sauce, about 5-8 min.
you can smell the Flavors. . . yummm. .
- 3Place chicken on the BBQ-grill or in the oven 20 min or till done, Brushing the Sauce over the chicken often for about 15 min, and again before the Chicken is removed from the grill or oven.
Sprinkle the Green onions over the chicken and serve.