Super Easy Super Moist Oven Roasted Hen
Diane Hopson Smith
Perfect for a small holiday gathering.
Change the seasonings to your liking.
Hope you enjoy!
- 6 to 8 lb roasting hen (smaller if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- celery stalk, quartered
- 1/2 medium
- onion, cut into chunks
- 1 small
- tart apple, remove seeds and stem, quartered
- poultry seasoning
- 6 to 8
- bacon strips, i used hickory smoked
How to Make Super Easy Super Moist Oven Roasted Hen
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Rinse hen with cold tap water; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Generously sprinkle seasonings inside of hen. Place 3 to 4 Tablespoons cubed butter inside cavity of hen. Stuff celery, onion, and apple inside cavity as well. Generously rub outside of hen with soft butter; cover with strips of bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks. Generously salt and pepper outside and dust lightly with poultry seasoning.
- 4Bake 25 minutes per pound or until internal meat reaches 180 degrees F internal heat (using meat thermometer). NOTE: if you purchase hen with a thermometer, don't remove from oven until it pops out. Once the hen is baked, remove from oven and cover with a tent of aluminum foil; allow it to rest 30 minutes before slicing and serving.