Stir Fryed Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce
I am no stranger to stir fry, have been doing it for years, but what made this special is the sauces that they gave.
This is the sweet and sour and it really is as good as anything you have ever had out.
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
2 clovegarlic, minced
·peanut oil to stir fry
1 largeegg white
1 Tbsprice wine vinegar
3 to 4 cveggies of your choice, bok choy or cabbage, carrots, celery, colored bell peppers, snow peas, asparagus, zuchinni, summer squash, mushrooms, onions or shallots, leeks, scallions, celery
3/4 cchicken broth
2 tspsoy sauce
3 Tbsprice vinegar
1 tspsesame oil
pincheach salt and pepper
How to Make Stir Fryed Chicken with Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced against the grain.
- Marinate chicken in 1 egg white,1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Toss well to coat, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prep your veggies. If you julienne, juilliene all veggies, if you slice, slice them all. You want them fairly even in size so they cook all at the same time.
I usually slice on the bias.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- Place everything by the stove, this goes super fast.
- Make your sauce now too.
- Heat 1/4 inch peanut oil in a wok or skillet and stir fry chicken until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate, keep warm, and wipe out pan.
- Heat pan to high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add ginger, scallions, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the veggies, starting with the ones that take the longest to cook, stir fry til crisp tender.
- Add the chicken and the sauce,and stir until heated through and combined well, t hat will take about 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and scallions for garnish.