★★★★★ 1 vote5
- kosher chicken breasts or whole kosher chicken cut in 8 pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground mixed pepper - to taste
- 8 large
- cloves of garlic-cut in half length wise
- fresh english thyme sprigs-slightly crushed or dried thyme
- a good splash of apple cider vinegar (about 3-4 tsp.)
- meyer lemon sliced very thin over a bowl to save the juice, rind and all- only remove the seeds
- 2-3 tsp
- candied ginger or you can use fresh ginger if you can't find candied
- 4-5 Tbsp
- dark soy sauce
- 6-8 Tbsp
- organic honey (i prefer tropical fruit honey, but it is hard to buy so use orange blossom honey)
- 1/2-1 tsp
- red chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- about 1/2 cup of hot water
How to Make Sticky Lemon Chicken
- 1Cut the chicken breasts in half so you have 8 pieces. Season the chicken with the sea salt and pepper. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan. Brown the chicken pieces on all sides over heat with the garlic.
Remove the chicken. Add the Thyme and vinegar and deglaze. Reduce by half. Add the soy sauce, candied ginger, honey and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix. Return chicken to pan, turn the chicken to coat all pieces evenly.
- 2Add the hot water and lemon slices (the lemon slice go in the pan, not on top of the chicken). Let the liquid bubble and reduce down until syrupy and the chicken is cook. Turn the chicken to keep coating it.
- 3Transfer Chicken to hot platter and cover with the slices lemons and syrupy juices.
Serve over a bed of Lemon or Saffron rice.
This also works well with Oranges or fresh Pineapple.
Also works great with Pork steaks or country style pork ribs. I use an orange or pineapple when I do pork.