Stewed Chicken In Tomato Gravy
I don't prepare this often as my husband does not eat chicken and it serves a lot of people. My grown girls like it, so I make it for dinners when we get together.
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1chicken fryer, cut into serving pieces
1 Tbspblack pepper
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes, italian-style, 15 oz.
1 can(s)tomatoe sauce, 15 oz.
1 can(s)tomatoe paste, 6 oz.
1/2 cwhite onions, chopped
1/2 ccelery, chopped
1/2 cgreen bell pepper, chopped
How to Make Stewed Chicken In Tomato Gravy
- Cut up fryer into individual serving sizes and remove skin
- Season Chicken pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large dutch oven pot, heat olive oil.
- Place Onions, celery and bell pepper in olive oil and cook slightly.
- Add Water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmering and cook, covered until chicken is well done and falling off the bones, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- If you prefer your dishes spicy, you can always add a can of Rotel Tomatoes when mixing other tomatoes.