STEWED CHICKEN (BATES)
4boneless skinless chicken breast (or 8 chicken thighs)
1/2 tspsea salt
1/2 tspground black pepper
1 Tbspbutter (or olive oil)
1/3 bunchcilantro (leaves only)
1 mediumgarlic clove
1/2 cwhite wine
1 cchicken stock
3 largewhite turnips
1 tspred pepper flakes
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 tspdried rosemary leaves
·cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
·radish curles for garnish (optional)
How to Make STEWED CHICKEN (BATES)
- Peel and quarter onion and place in food processor
Peel garlic clove and place in processor
Cut off stems and place cilantro leaves in processor
Cut celery into 1-2" lengths and place in processor
Pulse all items until coarsely diced
- Remove most of green from leeks and cut into 1/2" cubes Set aside
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper mixture and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a heavy skillet or dutch oven with lid
- Place chicken in the butter.
Add the cilantro, onions, celery and garlic.
Cook for about ten minutes until onions are translucent.
STIR FREQUENTLY --DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN.
- Add white wine, chicken stock, and all other ingredients including pepper flakes and spices, except the leeks.
Allow to come to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover pan.
Simmer for about 20 minutes
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, then add the leeks.
Simmer covered for 10 more minutes.
- Good served over a rice bed, garnished with cilantro leaves and radish curls.